Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

One Intention At A Time

April 22, 2015

Earth Day

Hmm. Thinking about the Law of Attraction this morning, and it happens to be Earth Day. I find that connection interesting, but I digress.

I’ve believed in Law of Attraction for a long time now, but for some reason I felt the need to step back and ponder, is that the reason for everything going on in my life? Two days ago I wrote about all of the pain and drama in my life for the past 12 months. Since I’ve switched my laptop over to my personal account I’ve “lost” that writing. Although, maybe that’s the way it should be. Write it all out, then get rid of it. Almost like an unintentional cleansing.

But back to what I was saying, I have to go back further than 12 months to look at the changes in my life. In fact I can pin-point the exact moment everything in my world changed drastically (rarely do we get the opportunity to have such a pivotal moment). Everything was going so well in my life. I had finally moved back into my own little place (that I loved, it felt SO good, it had an amazing energy if you will), I was dating an amazing man and falling head over heels in love. I had gone from having an ok job (which in itself was a relief) to being offered my dream job, even though just two months before I had been turned down for the exact same job. To then receiving an increase to full time, benefits and raise in pay at my new job. Then... my apartment flooded. It sounds silly, but when the moment happened, nothing was the same. I honestly thought about listing the downhill spiral that has occurred since then, but I have no more desire to continue to bring up the negative.

But even though my apartment recovered, after an extensive remodel, I’ve never quite recovered. And have only focused on the negative aspects of my life since that moment. Don’t get me wrong, there have been plenty of good moments since that point, but I’ve never been able to completely let go and get back to the utter peace I had in my heart “before the flood”.

My point is, in that moment my rose colored glasses shattered and I focused on the negative mostly. So therefore, I continue to have more and more negative.

Now some will say, but wait, you are Christian, you can’t believe in the “Law of Attraction” that’s New Age hype. Is it? But I always felt the two should blend together. And this morning I found a great little blog talking about just this. I will link it here. The Author, Andrew Freed, lists several biblical references that introduce the concept of the Law of Attraction.  The one the resonated the most with me was Proverbs 23:7 “As he thinks in his heart, so he is…” He’s got several more great references, and his post is worth the read. (I did continue to read Proverbs further and read 23:9 for the first time, THAT was an “Ah-ha!” moment in and of itself, but that’s another post for another day).

But the scripture tells us that what’s in our heart, where our intentions are, that’s who we become, what we bring into our lives. I believe that whatever we are verbalizing and worrying and discussing, the adversary is using those fears and worries to break our faith. Praying upon those weaknesses that we are sharing over and over to challenge our hearts further, and harden them.

I know that I must continue to work to find the positive in my life in order to bring my life back into peace and balance. My goal is to make my home a sanctuary instead of a place of tension and drama. So that when anyone walks into my home they are filled with a sense of love and welcoming. I truly believe that will help each of us stay positive, stay on the path we need to be on to bring the good into our lives. Help us let go of the drama and negativity of the world outside and bring good into our lives.


One intention at a time. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how much I love your thoughts on each and every one of your blogs

    ReplyDelete